Monday, December 3, 2012

Dublin...i'm lovin' it

“When I die, Dublin will be written on my heart.”  

No, I did not say that, James Joyce did it, but it fits so much with what I felt after I left Dublin.
I am definitely sure I will come back there and I hope to find again the shining sun, the blue sky, the green grass and the happy people. I am quite sure that the Guinness’s beer and the monks’ elixir has something to do with this happiness J

Dublin is not a shopping city, but a party one. It’s full of live, of young people who are singing and dancing together with the old ones, is a happy combination between whiskey, blond and nice girls, rugby and Irish music.

“In the particular is contained the universal” – That’s Dublin


Trinity College

Dublin Castle

Dublin Castle on the other side

Christ Church



Guinness Brewery is a big glass full of beer, with the history of the black magic potion. According to the Irish girls, a glass of Guinness and some peanuts should be enough for a dinner.


The oldest pub in Ireland is in Dublin
The Pubs in Dublin are like a second home for the inhabitants and they adopt every immigrants and tourists ready to party.


Regarding the architecture, maybe just in Bucharest I sow so much mixture between new and old. The new glass buildings are trying to impress, but the small medieval ruins of a church, fortress tower or a castle are rising everywhere.

Guinness Brewery



The Vikings are still alive in Dublin. On their museum I spent just half an hour, but they deserve much more. Take at least 2 hours to have time to read the whole history, play all the games and the quizzes inside.
Howth Harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment